PHOENIX — One Arizona congressman is refusing to answer House Speaker John Boehner’s call for Republicans to support military action in Syria.
“He’s not my boss,” said Rep. Paul Gosar. “He orchestrates the House and prevails over the House but he said he will let us use our own opinions on Syria. I’m my own free-wheeling guy looking out for what’s best for Arizona and the United States.”
Based on the information Gosar has at his disposal, he’s still against strike on Syria and there’s nothing Boehner can do to change that.
He called Syria a tinderbox.
“You have the Arab Spring that keeps rolling. It’s turbulent; sectarian violence not unique to Syria but across the Middle East. It is very complex as to who is backing who. Iran is among a number of unstable governments in this area.”
Gosar said he wants all of the facts and he’s not convinced that the Assad regime is responsible for using chemical weapons. Gosar said, based on some reports, that it may have been rebels who used the weapons by mishandling them.
- Affordable small home makeovers for Mother's Day
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life