PHOENIX — One Arizona congressman is refusing to answer House Speaker John Boehner’s call for Republicans to support military action in Syria.
“He’s not my boss,” said Rep. Paul Gosar. “He orchestrates the House and prevails over the House but he said he will let us use our own opinions on Syria. I’m my own free-wheeling guy looking out for what’s best for Arizona and the United States.”
Based on the information Gosar has at his disposal, he’s still against strike on Syria and there’s nothing Boehner can do to change that.
He called Syria a tinderbox.
“You have the Arab Spring that keeps rolling. It’s turbulent; sectarian violence not unique to Syria but across the Middle East. It is very complex as to who is backing who. Iran is among a number of unstable governments in this area.”
Gosar said he wants all of the facts and he’s not convinced that the Assad regime is responsible for using chemical weapons. Gosar said, based on some reports, that it may have been rebels who used the weapons by mishandling them.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas