PHOENIX — University of Phoenix announced Wednesday in a press release that President Bill Pepicello will be retiring.
He will remain in the position until the university’s board of trustees is able to find a replacement. The for-profit college has already begun its search.
Pepicello, 64, has worked for University of Phoenix — which has locations in 38 states as well as Puerto Rico and the District of Columbia — since 1995 and has been its president for the last seven years. His career in higher education includes professor and administrative posts at University of Delaware, Temple University, National University and Argosy University.
He is also a board member for several organizations, such as the Banner Health Foundation and Greater Phoenix Economic Council, and has not said if he will be stepping down from those duties as he enters retirement.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development