PHOENIX — University of Phoenix announced Wednesday in a press release that President Bill Pepicello will be retiring.
He will remain in the position until the university’s board of trustees is able to find a replacement. The for-profit college has already begun its search.
Pepicello, 64, has worked for University of Phoenix — which has locations in 38 states as well as Puerto Rico and the District of Columbia — since 1995 and has been its president for the last seven years. His career in higher education includes professor and administrative posts at University of Delaware, Temple University, National University and Argosy University.
He is also a board member for several organizations, such as the Banner Health Foundation and Greater Phoenix Economic Council, and has not said if he will be stepping down from those duties as he enters retirement.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy