PHOENIX — University of Phoenix announced Wednesday in a press release that President Bill Pepicello will be retiring.
He will remain in the position until the university’s board of trustees is able to find a replacement. The for-profit college has already begun its search.
Pepicello, 64, has worked for University of Phoenix — which has locations in 38 states as well as Puerto Rico and the District of Columbia — since 1995 and has been its president for the last seven years. His career in higher education includes professor and administrative posts at University of Delaware, Temple University, National University and Argosy University.
He is also a board member for several organizations, such as the Banner Health Foundation and Greater Phoenix Economic Council, and has not said if he will be stepping down from those duties as he enters retirement.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.