PHOENIX — Maricopa County Animal Care and Control has introduced a new service that may help owners locate lost pets: An interactive mapping tool.
“You type in your info, and the map will pop up,” said Maricopa County Animal Care and Control Spokeswoman Melissa Gable. “It will have a series of dots, which represent dogs, and a series of triangles, which represent cats.”
You top in either an exact address or the major cross streets in the area where you think your pet was lost. A little window will pop up with a picture of a pet that was recovered in the area, along with a description of the animal and the date that it was brought to the shelter.
The tool went online Tuesday. However, Gable said one man was reunited with his two dogs while the system was in the testing stage. When the man showed up at the shelter Saturday saying he had lost his pit bull and a husky near the intersection of 67th Avenue and Indian School, she decided to test the system. Once they typed the information on the website, a picture of one of the dogs popped up on the website. Gable and the man went back to the kennel and found both dogs.
Gable said the dogs “went ballistic” with joy when they saw their owner.
The county believes the tool is the first of its kind to be introduced.
To explore the mapping tool, click here.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development