While Arizona doesn’t have terrifying hurricanes and devastating earthquakes, its monsoon storms can pack a powerful punch.
That’s why the American Red Cross Grand Canyon Chapter is participating in a National Preparedness Month expo. Trudy Thompson Rice said this year’s theme is “You Can be the Hero.”
“Maybe you’re the one who knows CPR in your family, in your neighborhood, in your workplace,” Thompson Rice said. “Maybe you’re the one who has the first aid kit in your car or in your desk drawer.”
Rice said everyone should have a disaster kit consisting of food and water to last three days, as well as copies of important documents and lists of medications and contacts.
The Grand Canyon Chapter will participate in an expo on Wednesday, Sept. 4, from 8 a.m. to noon in Chandler. The Red Cross will have an information table, exhibits and displays at the Walmart at 1175 S. Arizona Ave. in Chandler.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon