Arizona State University will host the Wisconsin Badgers at Sun Devil Stadium Sept. 14, and the Sun Devils will be wearing the number 19 decal on their helmets and the victory bell will ring 19 times.
Bill Kennedy, ASU’s Associate Athletic Director says team captains will bring out a jersey with the number 19 for the coin toss.
“We’ve asked Wisconsin to take part in this as well and they will bring out a jersey with the number 19 as well.”
ASU mascot Sparky will do 19 pushups every time the Sun Devils score.
First responders will get discounted tickets as well with a special promo code, and ASU is teaming up with the 100 Club of Arizona who will be at the game raising money for scholarship funds for the families of first responders who’ve been lost.
“The decision making process was really about what is the right thing to do,” said Kennedy. “Especially for those who gave their lives, not only the Granite Mountain Hotshots but the other fallen first responders.”
Among the first responders to be honored are DPS Officer Tim Huffman, Phoenix Firefighter Bradley Harper and Phoenix Police Officer Daryl Raetz. All were lost in the past year.
The ASU men’s and women’s basketball teams will have first responders nights as well during their respective seasons.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development