Protestors of the conflict in Syria were arrested on Tempe’s Mill Avenue Saturday night, according to the city’s police department.
The crowd, consisting of antiwar demonstrators, according to ABC 15, apparently escalated the situation sometime in the evening to the point where Tempe police deemed their involvement necessary.
Three arrests were made, according to Mike Pooley, the department’s media relations sergeant.
Earlier on Saturday, President Barack Obama surprised many when he decided to reach out to congress for input on what actions to take against the Syrian government for their alleged chemical attacks on citizens, delaying anticipated action from the White House.
Meanwhile, citizens across the United States have expressed a variety of opinions regarding the prospect of the nation’s involvement in the Syrian civil war, which is in its second year.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night