The Federal Housing Authority has rolled out a new program that could allow Arizonans to purchase a new home in as little as a year after foreclosure.
“I think two in 10 people who have lost their homes could benefit from this new guideline,” said AmeriFirst Financial lending expert Lisa Brown from KTAR’s That Real Estate Show.
The FHA has reduced the waiting period for those who can prove they lost their home due to an economic hardship.
“If you can document it with W2’s, paystubs or tax returns, then you could possibly qualify for the Back To Work program,” said Brown.
According to Brown, this is a significant change, where FHA essentially admits that not all borrowers who had a catastrophic financial event are not worthy of buying a new home and qualifying for financing sooner than the traditional three-year waiting period.
FHA’s announcement could have a substantial effect on the Valley’s real estate market, as home values dropped 50 percent from 2007 to 2010, and Arizona accounted for 6 percent of the nation’s record-setting 2,824,674 foreclosure filings in 2009.
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets