The Federal Housing Authority has rolled out a new program that could allow Arizonans to purchase a new home in as little as a year after foreclosure.
“I think two in 10 people who have lost their homes could benefit from this new guideline,” said AmeriFirst Financial lending expert Lisa Brown from KTAR’s That Real Estate Show.
The FHA has reduced the waiting period for those who can prove they lost their home due to an economic hardship.
“If you can document it with W2’s, paystubs or tax returns, then you could possibly qualify for the Back To Work program,” said Brown.
According to Brown, this is a significant change, where FHA essentially admits that not all borrowers who had a catastrophic financial event are not worthy of buying a new home and qualifying for financing sooner than the traditional three-year waiting period.
FHA’s announcement could have a substantial effect on the Valley’s real estate market, as home values dropped 50 percent from 2007 to 2010, and Arizona accounted for 6 percent of the nation’s record-setting 2,824,674 foreclosure filings in 2009.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night