The Federal Housing Authority has rolled out a new program that could allow Arizonans to purchase a new home in as little as a year after foreclosure.
“I think two in 10 people who have lost their homes could benefit from this new guideline,” said AmeriFirst Financial lending expert Lisa Brown from KTAR’s That Real Estate Show.
The FHA has reduced the waiting period for those who can prove they lost their home due to an economic hardship.
“If you can document it with W2’s, paystubs or tax returns, then you could possibly qualify for the Back To Work program,” said Brown.
According to Brown, this is a significant change, where FHA essentially admits that not all borrowers who had a catastrophic financial event are not worthy of buying a new home and qualifying for financing sooner than the traditional three-year waiting period.
FHA’s announcement could have a substantial effect on the Valley’s real estate market, as home values dropped 50 percent from 2007 to 2010, and Arizona accounted for 6 percent of the nation’s record-setting 2,824,674 foreclosure filings in 2009.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas