SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. — Workers at Scottsdale City Hall are caring for an unusual bird while trying to find its owner.
Scottsdale Code Inspector Alyssa Yanez was walking to her office on Wednesday when she noticed the bird.
“It had some gray marking on its back and a pink colored head,” she said. “We realized that it wasn’t just a regular bird, but that it was actually a cockatoo.”
The bird was later identified as a Rose-Breasted Cockatoo and it may be valuable. There are 15 of them for sale on birdbreeders.com, ranging in price from $1,100 to $2,000 each.
Yanez said that the bird is obviously someone’s pet.
“It was well-manicured,” she said. “The wings appeared to be clipped. The claws were well-manicured as well, so it’s important who this bird’s owner is.”
Yanez and her co-workers took the bird into city hall and gave it food and water. It is now staying at an employee’s home. Workers are being careful not to release every detail about the bird.
“We just want to make sure that whoever the bird goes to is actually the owner, and that we are returning the pet to them,” said Yanez.
Anyone with information on the bird or its owner is asked to call either (480) 312-7816 or (480) 385-9067.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night