SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. — Workers at Scottsdale City Hall are caring for an unusual bird while trying to find its owner.
Scottsdale Code Inspector Alyssa Yanez was walking to her office on Wednesday when she noticed the bird.
“It had some gray marking on its back and a pink colored head,” she said. “We realized that it wasn’t just a regular bird, but that it was actually a cockatoo.”
The bird was later identified as a Rose-Breasted Cockatoo and it may be valuable. There are 15 of them for sale on birdbreeders.com, ranging in price from $1,100 to $2,000 each.
Yanez said that the bird is obviously someone’s pet.
“It was well-manicured,” she said. “The wings appeared to be clipped. The claws were well-manicured as well, so it’s important who this bird’s owner is.”
Yanez and her co-workers took the bird into city hall and gave it food and water. It is now staying at an employee’s home. Workers are being careful not to release every detail about the bird.
“We just want to make sure that whoever the bird goes to is actually the owner, and that we are returning the pet to them,” said Yanez.
Anyone with information on the bird or its owner is asked to call either (480) 312-7816 or (480) 385-9067.
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets