SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. — Workers at Scottsdale City Hall are caring for an unusual bird while trying to find its owner.
Scottsdale Code Inspector Alyssa Yanez was walking to her office on Wednesday when she noticed the bird.
“It had some gray marking on its back and a pink colored head,” she said. “We realized that it wasn’t just a regular bird, but that it was actually a cockatoo.”
The bird was later identified as a Rose-Breasted Cockatoo and it may be valuable. There are 15 of them for sale on birdbreeders.com, ranging in price from $1,100 to $2,000 each.
Yanez said that the bird is obviously someone’s pet.
“It was well-manicured,” she said. “The wings appeared to be clipped. The claws were well-manicured as well, so it’s important who this bird’s owner is.”
Yanez and her co-workers took the bird into city hall and gave it food and water. It is now staying at an employee’s home. Workers are being careful not to release every detail about the bird.
“We just want to make sure that whoever the bird goes to is actually the owner, and that we are returning the pet to them,” said Yanez.
Anyone with information on the bird or its owner is asked to call either (480) 312-7816 or (480) 385-9067.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America