PHOENIX — Two Arizona fraternities were ranked among the most out-of-control in the nation and one of those topped the list.
According to Rolling Stone, the Arizona State University chapter of Sigma Alpha Epsilon is the most out-of-control university in the country, thanks to two recent incidents.
The chapter’s recognition was revoked in June.
In one incident, 19-year-old Jack Culolias, a member of the fraternity, attended a fraternity-sponsored event at a Tempe bar. He was thrown out after he urinated on a patio but never made it home. His body was found two weeks later. Investigations revealed underage people were buying alcohol and the bar failed to check IDs.
In the second incident, another 19-year-old fraternity member was left unconscious at a Tempe emergency room after consuming at least 20 shots of tequila. The student was left in a wheelchair with a Post-It note where someone had written the student’s name and said he had been drinking.
A statement from ASU pointed out that the note had been written by a hospital worker to inform the next shift.
Pi Kappa Phi at the University of Arizona came in at ninth. It has been cited 14 times since 2010, including a hazing fine, and three of its members were hospitalized for excessive drinking.
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- ‘Supernatural’ TV show convention comes to Arizona
- Jan Brewer thinks Paul Penzone will have tough time beating Sheriff Joe Arpaio
- Mac & Gaydos joined by Burmese python after losing March Madness bet
- Mac and Gaydos deliver pizzas to winning class in REDucation contest
- Civil rights activist wants Phoenix-area NAACP boss to step down after incident