PHOENIX — Two Arizona fraternities were ranked among the most out-of-control in the nation and one of those topped the list.
According to Rolling Stone, the Arizona State University chapter of Sigma Alpha Epsilon is the most out-of-control university in the country, thanks to two recent incidents.
The chapter’s recognition was revoked in June.
In one incident, 19-year-old Jack Culolias, a member of the fraternity, attended a fraternity-sponsored event at a Tempe bar. He was thrown out after he urinated on a patio but never made it home. His body was found two weeks later. Investigations revealed underage people were buying alcohol and the bar failed to check IDs.
In the second incident, another 19-year-old fraternity member was left unconscious at a Tempe emergency room after consuming at least 20 shots of tequila. The student was left in a wheelchair with a Post-It note where someone had written the student’s name and said he had been drinking.
A statement from ASU pointed out that the note had been written by a hospital worker to inform the next shift.
Pi Kappa Phi at the University of Arizona came in at ninth. It has been cited 14 times since 2010, including a hazing fine, and three of its members were hospitalized for excessive drinking.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- ‘Supernatural’ TV show convention comes to Arizona
- Jan Brewer thinks Paul Penzone will have tough time beating Sheriff Joe Arpaio
- Mac & Gaydos joined by Burmese python after losing March Madness bet
- Mac and Gaydos deliver pizzas to winning class in REDucation contest
- Civil rights activist wants Phoenix-area NAACP boss to step down after incident