PHOENIX — Three men have been arrested on fraud charges involving food stamps.
Police raided a convenience store near 27th Avenue and Bethany Home Road on Wednesday and later searched the men’s Peoria home. Once there, authorities confiscated tens of thousands of dollars in cash, vehicles, ledgers, bank records and food-stamp cards.
Kameel Sweiss, 51, Faday Sweiss 33, and Ameer Sweiss, 22, who worked at the store, were charged with illegally conducting an enterprise, fraudulent schemes, money laundering, unlawful use of food stamps and computer tampering.
The state Attorney General’s office said the arrests came on the heels of a monthslong undercover operation shared among several local, state and federal agencies, including Phoenix Police and the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon