PHOENIX — Phoenix police believe the father of the infant who died after being left in a parked car was smoking marijuana with a co-worker during that time.
Once the police finished their investigation and made that determination Daniel Gray, 31, was booked and charged with manslaughter and child abuse into the Maricopa County jail.
Gray said he had gone to work to check on business at about noon on Wednesday and left his son in the car as he went
Police identified the child on Thursday as 3-month-old Jamison Gray.
Temperatures in Phoenix were about 100 degrees at the time, but car-interior
temperatures soar once the air conditioning is turned off.
Police said the infant was unconscious when paramedics arrived and he was taken to Scottsdale Healthcare Shea Medical Center, where he later died.
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain