PHOENIX — Phoenix police believe the father of the infant who died after being left in a parked car was smoking marijuana with a co-worker during that time.
Once the police finished their investigation and made that determination Daniel Gray, 31, was booked and charged with manslaughter and child abuse into the Maricopa County jail.
Gray said he had gone to work to check on business at about noon on Wednesday and left his son in the car as he went
Police identified the child on Thursday as 3-month-old Jamison Gray.
Temperatures in Phoenix were about 100 degrees at the time, but car-interior
temperatures soar once the air conditioning is turned off.
Police said the infant was unconscious when paramedics arrived and he was taken to Scottsdale Healthcare Shea Medical Center, where he later died.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food