PHOENIX — Phoenix police believe the father of the infant who died after being left in a parked car was smoking marijuana with a co-worker during that time.
Once the police finished their investigation and made that determination Daniel Gray, 31, was booked and charged with manslaughter and child abuse into the Maricopa County jail.
Gray said he had gone to work to check on business at about noon on Wednesday and left his son in the car as he went
Police identified the child on Thursday as 3-month-old Jamison Gray.
Temperatures in Phoenix were about 100 degrees at the time, but car-interior
temperatures soar once the air conditioning is turned off.
Police said the infant was unconscious when paramedics arrived and he was taken to Scottsdale Healthcare Shea Medical Center, where he later died.
- Affordable small home makeovers for Mother's Day
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life