PHOENIX — A child was injured and one suspect was in custody after a large rock broke through the windshield of a vehicle on eastbound Interstate 10 late Sunday night.
An Arizona Department of Public Safety trooper found the person throwing rocks at cars and trucks and gave chase on foot near 15th Avenue, according to spokesman Timothy Case.
The rock throwing was reported around 11 p.m.
The child, a 9-year-old girl, was taken to the hospital. Details on her injuries and condition were not yet released.
Authorities said 12 vehicles were damaged. The investigation continued.
No other information was available.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Phoenix woman turns to street drug dealers to cope with pain
- Sections of two West Valley highways will be closed this weekend
- Here are the restaurants participating in Arizona Restaurant Week
- Pedestrian killed in Phoenix when trailer’s back wheels went on sidewalk
- President Donald Trump will not make Phoenix visit this month