PHOENIX — Buyers in the current Valley home market are likely to get more for their money, a Realtor said.
“They’re playing it much more safe, but it also depends on price,” Realtor Dianne Brennan told News/Talk 92.3 KTAR’s Mac & Gaydos on Wednesday. “With interest rates being so low, they are getting a bigger bang for their buck.”
Brennan, who hosts News/Talk 92.3 KTAR’s That Real Estate Show, said those interest rates are getting boomerang buyers — those who left the housing market for a period after a foreclosure or short sale — back into similar houses.
“With the interest rates being low, it’s the reverse: They probably had a really expensive house that they overpaid for and probably can get even bigger for the same amount of money that they paid for their previous homes,” she said.
Despite a potential fear of another bubble, Brennan said the wants of Valley buyers haven’t changed and there is not a lot of houses to satisfy those wants.
“We won’t ever have enough houses. We have too many people moving here,” she said, citing an Arizona State University housing market study.
That study also said that 100,000 people were expected to move to the Valley by 2015 with an additional 80,000 by 2016. The influx of buyers should help keep Phoenix’s housing market stable.
“If you’re investing in real estate or buying, be assured that prices are going to go up slowly and they’re going to level off in six months,” said Brennan, adding that selling in the Phoenix metro area will not be an issue.
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- ‘Supernatural’ TV show convention comes to Arizona
- Jan Brewer thinks Paul Penzone will have tough time beating Sheriff Joe Arpaio
- Mac & Gaydos joined by Burmese python after losing March Madness bet
- Mac and Gaydos deliver pizzas to winning class in REDucation contest
- Civil rights activist wants Phoenix-area NAACP boss to step down after incident