PHOENIX — Arizona’s travel industry is doing more to appeal to female travelers.
One reason is that when it comes to planning a trip, women usually make the decisions.
“We know that 80 percent of all travel decisions are made by women,” said Stephanie Dembowski with Triple-A of Arizona.
Dembowski said more women are traveling without a man.
“It can be either women leaving their husbands at home, women wanting to leave their husbands and kids at home, single women or women who are just looking to make new friends,” she said. “It really varies.”
Dembowski said that, many times, women are taking the initiative and booking a trip to where their men “just don’t want to go.”
Hotels and travel companies are taking note. For example, Hyatt hotels is now offering “Hyatt for Her” at several European locations. It offers rooms with special hair products and amenities for women.
Triple-A has a women-only travel group called “Today’s Traveling Women” that is offering seven trips in the next year.
“One is going to the southern part of the country,” said Dembowski. “Another is going to the U.K. Gardens, which will explore the gardens of the United Kingdom. There’s one to Alaska. There’s a river cruise along the Rhine River in France and Germany. There’s also a trip to Spain.”
To get more information, click here.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon