PHOENIX — Arizona’s travel industry is doing more to appeal to female travelers.
One reason is that when it comes to planning a trip, women usually make the decisions.
“We know that 80 percent of all travel decisions are made by women,” said Stephanie Dembowski with Triple-A of Arizona.
Dembowski said more women are traveling without a man.
“It can be either women leaving their husbands at home, women wanting to leave their husbands and kids at home, single women or women who are just looking to make new friends,” she said. “It really varies.”
Dembowski said that, many times, women are taking the initiative and booking a trip to where their men “just don’t want to go.”
Hotels and travel companies are taking note. For example, Hyatt hotels is now offering “Hyatt for Her” at several European locations. It offers rooms with special hair products and amenities for women.
Triple-A has a women-only travel group called “Today’s Traveling Women” that is offering seven trips in the next year.
“One is going to the southern part of the country,” said Dembowski. “Another is going to the U.K. Gardens, which will explore the gardens of the United Kingdom. There’s one to Alaska. There’s a river cruise along the Rhine River in France and Germany. There’s also a trip to Spain.”
To get more information, click here.
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck