PHOENIX — After laying off nearly 300 in Arizona last week, Wells Fargo is reportedly hiring about 5,000 nationwide.
The company is looking to hire wealth management and brokerage professionals. In an email, Wells Fargo said it does not know how many will be hired in Arizona.
We are constantly evaluating our needs and hiring where necessary,” spokeswoman Lori Brown said in an email. “Of the average 5,000 jobs we add annually, many are due to normal attrition in the business.”
Last week, Wells Fargo laid off about 3,000 employees in its mortgage department. The bank cited a drop in customer volume as the reason for the mass lay-off.
“The mortgage servicing displacements were impacted by a rise in interest rates which affected consumer demand for mortgage financing, causing volumes to fall below what we experienced throughout 2012 and early 2013,” said Brown. “We are reducing staff in Tempe and Phoenix to respond to this shift in demand and better align and increase efficiency of our organization.”
Wells Fargo said last week that all employees being laid off are able to apply for other jobs in the company.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy