PHOENIX — After laying off nearly 300 in Arizona last week, Wells Fargo is reportedly hiring about 5,000 nationwide.
The company is looking to hire wealth management and brokerage professionals. In an email, Wells Fargo said it does not know how many will be hired in Arizona.
We are constantly evaluating our needs and hiring where necessary,” spokeswoman Lori Brown said in an email. “Of the average 5,000 jobs we add annually, many are due to normal attrition in the business.”
Last week, Wells Fargo laid off about 3,000 employees in its mortgage department. The bank cited a drop in customer volume as the reason for the mass lay-off.
“The mortgage servicing displacements were impacted by a rise in interest rates which affected consumer demand for mortgage financing, causing volumes to fall below what we experienced throughout 2012 and early 2013,” said Brown. “We are reducing staff in Tempe and Phoenix to respond to this shift in demand and better align and increase efficiency of our organization.”
Wells Fargo said last week that all employees being laid off are able to apply for other jobs in the company.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas