For most of us, our lives seem to constantly be on the go. Our actions are often dictated by our to-do lists and the things that we must get done, whether for work or our family. August 27 is Just Because Day. This day is designed to do things just because you want to. This is a day to do things we normally wouldn’t do, but that will bring us, our family, friends and even those we don’t know well a large smile. Here are several ways you can celebrate Just Because Day.
Make your spouse’s favorite meal
Just because you love your spouse, surprise him or her after a long day at work with his favorite meal. He works hard for your family and deserve a little appreciation.
Write letters to your children
Your children are the center of your world. Most of your daily tasks and activities center around your kids. Spend some time and write them letters letting them know just how much you love and care for them. It doesn’t have to be a special occasion to let them know that you love them and are proud of their accomplishments.
Call a long-lost friend
Take the time to call a friend you haven’t seen or spoken to in a long time. You don’t need a reason to call. Just say hello and see how her life is going. Rekindling a friendship can be one of the best ways to celebrate this unique holiday.
Visit a sick, lonely or depressed individual
There are people all around us that are facing challenging and difficult times. Take some time out of your busy schedule to visit them and offer them encouraging and uplifting words. An unexpected visit from a friend can turn someone’s day completely around. Be that friend and help bring a little sunshine to a gloomy day.
Enjoy a delicious dessert
It doesn’t have to be a birthday, anniversary or a holiday to enjoy a delicious dessert. Just because you love sweets and sugar, enjoy a delicious treat that will ignite your taste buds. You can make a yummy treat yourself or go to a nearby bakery or restaurant and order something that is sure to satisfy your sweet cravings.
Start a new project
If there is a project or a hobby that you have always wanted to try, today is the perfecting starting point. Why? Just because. Today, you really don’t need a reason to do the things that you do. Put off the things of lesser importance on your to-do list and enjoy starting something new.
Today, it is OK to do something even if there isn’t a reason for it. Do things because you want to, not because your have to. When you take time to do the things you want to do, you will be more relaxed, happy and productive. Think about your family, friends and those you care about most today, including yourself. And enjoy today — just because.
Courtnie Erickson is a Utah State University graduate and a technology guru.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas