A family gathering in Chandler ended in tragedy.
Police received a 911 about a shooting early Sunday morning from a home near Alma School and Ray Roads. Inside a car, they found a 25-year-old man dead along with this his three-month-old son who was sitting in his lap.
Detective Seth Tyler says when he got the call this morning the dispatcher was so upset she couldn’t talk to him.
“When I got on scene there were a number of officers that were struggling with this. You know, it’s not something you get used to, but it’s also very important to note that this is really about this family and our hearts go out to this family.”
Tyler says the baby’s mother was home along with other family members. He says they’re still interviewing family members and investigating whether drugs or alcohol were involved.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development