PHOENIX – Students at Arizona State University’s downtown campus have a new place to workout.
The $25-million Sun Devil Fitness Complex opened last week and is right next door to a downtown Phoenix landmark.
“The YMCA are our neighbors, and then we have the Sun Devil Fitness complex, which is adjacent to the Lincoln Family Downtown YMCA which is right next door,” said ASU Assistant Dean of Students Tanya Mendes.
Mendes said the fitness center has some awesome facilities. “We have a rooftop pool, an indoor running track, and a basketball court,” Mendes said. “And of course, we offer our group fitness classes, and we have all of the stuff you need for strengthening and conditioning.”
She said students are pretty excited about the place.
“The day of opening, they were waiting at 5 a.m. waiting to get right in. It’s been pretty busy as you can tell,” said Mendes. Dozens of students were using fitness equipment just a few feet away from where we were speaking with Mendes.
Outdoors, on top of the five story building, we found Freshman Elouise Bacon lounging by the pool.
“I think it’s awesome,” Bacon said. “I mean, you can see everything from here. I love it. I love the rooftop pool.”
Students pay a $75 dollar yearly fee for access to the fitness center, which is also open to members of the YMCA next door.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development