PHOENIX — According to Phoenix police, one man is dead after an officer-involved shooting in south Phoenix.
The shooting happened near 4th Street and Euclid Road, south of Baseline.
Police were investigating a man who was wanted from Tempe on aggravated assault in a domestic violence case.
When officers tried to make contact with the suspect, he was acting irrational. The suspect was seen with a gun and ultimately multiple officers fired their weapons.
Phoenix police spokesman Steve Martos said no officers were hurt.
“No officers were injured in the shooting that occurred on Euclid,” Martos said. “The suspect was shot and declared deceased on the scene.”
According to Martos, there was a second officer-involved shooting that may have involved Mesa police at 32nd Street and Greenway.
There are no more details available.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.