Most people run from danger, but not the volunteers with Christian-based, Food for the Hungry. Founded in 1971, the organization provides emergency relief and long-term development programs with operation in more than 20 countries to help the most vulnerable.
Currently, volunteers are bravely assisting thousands of Syrians, who are in the country or have managed to escape.
“It is our mandate as Christians to show compassion and to show the love of God to these people who are suffering,” said Peter Howard, FH’s Director of Emergency Response.
He admits he fears for the safety of not only FH volunteers, but those from organizations they’ve partnered with. But as the violence continues, so do humanitarian efforts.
“We don’t have a choice, they’re our human brothers and sisters. While they are thousands of miles away, they are just like us,” Howard said.
While self-preservation is a huge concern, collectively the fear that refugees could go hungry within a few months because of food shortages is paramount.
“The alleged chemical attacks further highlight the plight of a nation that is desperately suffering,” Howard said. “With several million people inside and outside of the country fleeing violence, we must extend mercy to those who are in great need.”
If you would like to make a donation, please visit Help Syria’s website.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy