Nowadays we Google just about everything, right?
From where we want to go to dinner to where to shop for that unique present or special artifact, we go straight to the web. The problem is a lot of small mom-and-pop shops don’t have that online presence. According to a March 2013 vSplash audit that looked at almost four million websites of small business and found that more than half didn’t even have a website. Over a quarter of them couldn’t be found online because they didn’t even have them ranking on their pages. Almost 95 percent of them did not have a mobile site and likewise didn’t have easy listings for their contact or ability to shop online.
Now the city of Mesa is partnering with Google to help their small business owners get recognized online. The campaign is called “Get Your Business Online.”
“With Google, we are reaching out to small businesses and Google is offering them one year of free website,” said Scott Smith, City of Mesa Mayor.
With the help from the Mesa Chamber of Commerce, business owners will be able to get set up and receive the following benefits:
Website with unique domain and customizable pages
Access to educational resources
Free web hosting for one year and an option to continue for less than $10 a month after that
Business listings on Google Search, Google+ , Google Maps and phones and tablets
“Everyone knows how wide (Google’s) footprint is and to be able to help small and medium businesses get into today’s commerce is important,” said Smith.
Business owners interested in signing up for the program or need more information can visit startupmesa.org.
Recently, Google ranked the city of Scottsdale as the top eCity in Arizona for its online business presence.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development