Nowadays we Google just about everything, right?
From where we want to go to dinner to where to shop for that unique present or special artifact, we go straight to the web. The problem is a lot of small mom-and-pop shops don’t have that online presence. According to a March 2013 vSplash audit that looked at almost four million websites of small business and found that more than half didn’t even have a website. Over a quarter of them couldn’t be found online because they didn’t even have them ranking on their pages. Almost 95 percent of them did not have a mobile site and likewise didn’t have easy listings for their contact or ability to shop online.
Now the city of Mesa is partnering with Google to help their small business owners get recognized online. The campaign is called “Get Your Business Online.”
“With Google, we are reaching out to small businesses and Google is offering them one year of free website,” said Scott Smith, City of Mesa Mayor.
With the help from the Mesa Chamber of Commerce, business owners will be able to get set up and receive the following benefits:
Website with unique domain and customizable pages
Access to educational resources
Free web hosting for one year and an option to continue for less than $10 a month after that
Business listings on Google Search, Google+ , Google Maps and phones and tablets
“Everyone knows how wide (Google’s) footprint is and to be able to help small and medium businesses get into today’s commerce is important,” said Smith.
Business owners interested in signing up for the program or need more information can visit startupmesa.org.
Recently, Google ranked the city of Scottsdale as the top eCity in Arizona for its online business presence.
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets