PHOENIX — A man who asked his son to hold his beer while he took a photo at an Arizona Cardinals game was removed from the stadium after being disorderly, reports from the responding officers said.
After John Coulter was seen handing his 15-year-old son his beer, officers from the Arizona Dept. of Liquor Licenses and Control approached him and informed him that he had broken the law.
“He had the cup in his hands for eight seconds,” Coulter said. “It was harmless.”
The reports said that Coulter became angered after officers asked to see both his and his son’s identification and later admitted to interrupting the officers as he attempted to explain his son was only holding the cup.
The reports said that Coulter was verbally abusive to the officers and was removed from the stadium because he was being disruptive to other fans.
An official said the officers in the situation did not overreact when asking Coulter to leave. Had they believed Coulter was trying to provide his son with beer, he would have been arrested.
“When the officers determine that the intent is to give an underage person liquor, to provide them with liquor, an arrest will be made,” Communications Director for the Arizona Dept. of Liquor License and Control Lee Hill said. “In this case, an arrest was not made.”
Coulter’s son said he did not drink any of the beer.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development