PHOENIX — A man who asked his son to hold his beer while he took a photo at an Arizona Cardinals game was removed from the stadium after being disorderly, reports from the responding officers said.
After John Coulter was seen handing his 15-year-old son his beer, officers from the Arizona Dept. of Liquor Licenses and Control approached him and informed him that he had broken the law.
“He had the cup in his hands for eight seconds,” Coulter said. “It was harmless.”
The reports said that Coulter became angered after officers asked to see both his and his son’s identification and later admitted to interrupting the officers as he attempted to explain his son was only holding the cup.
The reports said that Coulter was verbally abusive to the officers and was removed from the stadium because he was being disruptive to other fans.
An official said the officers in the situation did not overreact when asking Coulter to leave. Had they believed Coulter was trying to provide his son with beer, he would have been arrested.
“When the officers determine that the intent is to give an underage person liquor, to provide them with liquor, an arrest will be made,” Communications Director for the Arizona Dept. of Liquor License and Control Lee Hill said. “In this case, an arrest was not made.”
Coulter’s son said he did not drink any of the beer.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas