PHOENIX — Grand Canyon University will welcome a record 3,000-strong freshmen class over the next two days as the students move into their dorm rooms.
Students are hauling in in TVs, computers, luggage, clothes and more into the dorms. About 1,600 students, faculty and staff are helping the new students move all their stuff.
The unloading zone looks like a NASCAR pit stop: Parents pull up with the cars and volunteers unload everything.
Kassandra Lozoya from Phoenix was surprised to see this many people.
“It’s a welcoming vibe,” she said. “I feel comfortable already and that’s good.”
Grand Canyon University President Brian Mueller is also lending a hand.
“This is one of the reasons people are attracted to GCU,” he said. “They feel like they’re welcome and part of a community right from the beginning. I’ve been up to the fifth floor a few times now.
Classes begin Monday at GCU.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy