PHOENIX — Officers who removed a father and his 15-year-old son from an Arizona Cardinals game after the man had his son hold his beer did not overreact, an official said Wednesday.
Communications Director for the Arizona Dept. of Liquor License and Control Lee Hill said that, when officers saw John Coulter hand his son his beer so he could take a picture, the officers had the choice to arrest him if they believed he was giving an underage person alcohol.
“When the officers determine that the intent is to give an underage person liquor, to provide them with liquor, an arrest will be made,” she said. “In this case, an arrest was not made.”
Lee also said she was unaware of a “crack down” on underage drinking at Cardinals games, but that a primary focus of her agency is to address those under 21 who are given alcohol.
“Underage drinking has always been a primary focus of our agency just because it’s so dangerous,” she said.
Lee said that there are more facts to the case, but she did not know them all as the officers were still filing their reports. Her agency plans to release those reports following an internal review.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development
- Jan Brewer thinks Paul Penzone will have tough time beating Sheriff Joe Arpaio
- Mac & Gaydos joined by Burmese python after losing March Madness bet
- Mac and Gaydos deliver pizzas to winning class in REDucation contest
- Civil rights activist wants Phoenix-area NAACP boss to step down after incident
- Cindy McCain talks Syrians refugees’ plight, trafficking in Arizona