PHOENIX — After a Chandler wedding venue unexpectedly closed this year, another nightmare could affect Valley brides-to-be.
Jim Butler, the owner of Arizona’s Bridal and Formal in Mesa, said he was evicted on Monday after the owner of their location at 2450 W. Broadway Rod. in Mesa had the locks changed.
Part of the notice taped to the front door of the business reads, “the property owner has terminated said lease and has re-entered and taken possession of these premises. By taking possession of these premises, the property owner is also exercising its landlord’s lien on all non-exempt property owned by tenant.”
Colliers International, the property management company who left the notice, refused to comment on what brides need to do to gain access to the merchandise they paid for, but can’t access.
“I don’t know what to tell you,” said Butler. I don’t know what the best solution is right now.”
The business has been in financial trouble during the recession and began falling behind on rent. However, Butler said he’d been making substantial payments and was approximately only two weeks behind on what he owed, which makes things more shocking for his family.
“Pretty upset, I’m frustrated. It’s my livelihood,” said Butler. “I don’t know if they are trying to get us out because they have other plans for the center, but the way they’ve been going about it has been frustrating and disappointing.”
Butler said he wants to hear from brides who’ve been affected. He can be reached at email@example.com. He also urged affected consumers to contact Pamela Zachgo of Colliers International at (480) 303-8608.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food