PHOENIX — After a Chandler wedding venue unexpectedly closed this year, another nightmare could affect Valley brides-to-be.
Jim Butler, the owner of Arizona’s Bridal and Formal in Mesa, said he was evicted on Monday after the owner of their location at 2450 W. Broadway Rod. in Mesa had the locks changed.
Part of the notice taped to the front door of the business reads, “the property owner has terminated said lease and has re-entered and taken possession of these premises. By taking possession of these premises, the property owner is also exercising its landlord’s lien on all non-exempt property owned by tenant.”
Colliers International, the property management company who left the notice, refused to comment on what brides need to do to gain access to the merchandise they paid for, but can’t access.
“I don’t know what to tell you,” said Butler. I don’t know what the best solution is right now.”
The business has been in financial trouble during the recession and began falling behind on rent. However, Butler said he’d been making substantial payments and was approximately only two weeks behind on what he owed, which makes things more shocking for his family.
“Pretty upset, I’m frustrated. It’s my livelihood,” said Butler. “I don’t know if they are trying to get us out because they have other plans for the center, but the way they’ve been going about it has been frustrating and disappointing.”
Butler said he wants to hear from brides who’ve been affected. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. He also urged affected consumers to contact Pamela Zachgo of Colliers International at (480) 303-8608.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon