PHOENIX — After a Chandler wedding venue unexpectedly closed this year, another nightmare could affect Valley brides-to-be.
Jim Butler, the owner of Arizona’s Bridal and Formal in Mesa, said he was evicted on Monday after the owner of their location at 2450 W. Broadway Rod. in Mesa had the locks changed.
Part of the notice taped to the front door of the business reads, “the property owner has terminated said lease and has re-entered and taken possession of these premises. By taking possession of these premises, the property owner is also exercising its landlord’s lien on all non-exempt property owned by tenant.”
Colliers International, the property management company who left the notice, refused to comment on what brides need to do to gain access to the merchandise they paid for, but can’t access.
“I don’t know what to tell you,” said Butler. I don’t know what the best solution is right now.”
The business has been in financial trouble during the recession and began falling behind on rent. However, Butler said he’d been making substantial payments and was approximately only two weeks behind on what he owed, which makes things more shocking for his family.
“Pretty upset, I’m frustrated. It’s my livelihood,” said Butler. “I don’t know if they are trying to get us out because they have other plans for the center, but the way they’ve been going about it has been frustrating and disappointing.”
Butler said he wants to hear from brides who’ve been affected. He can be reached at email@example.com. He also urged affected consumers to contact Pamela Zachgo of Colliers International at (480) 303-8608.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America