PHOENIX — A deacon working in Phoenix has been accused of sexual abuse, the Roman Catholic Diocese of Phoenix said in a statement.
Deacon Ron Gonzalez, 62, allegedly sexually abused a minor in Texas and Pennsylvania between 15 and 20 years ago.
Gonzalez, a deacon in the Diocese of Dallas, has been serving Arizona since 1999. No allegations were brought against him in Arizona.
As a result of the charges, Gonzalez was removed from his position of parish manager at the St. Thomas More Parish in Glendale, where he had been assigned since 2011.
The diocese said anyone with more information on the allegations is asked to contact local law enforcement and the Diocesan Office of Child and Youth Protection at (602) 354-2396.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon