PHOENIX — A deacon working in Phoenix has been accused of sexual abuse, the Roman Catholic Diocese of Phoenix said in a statement.
Deacon Ron Gonzalez, 62, allegedly sexually abused a minor in Texas and Pennsylvania between 15 and 20 years ago.
Gonzalez, a deacon in the Diocese of Dallas, has been serving Arizona since 1999. No allegations were brought against him in Arizona.
As a result of the charges, Gonzalez was removed from his position of parish manager at the St. Thomas More Parish in Glendale, where he had been assigned since 2011.
The diocese said anyone with more information on the allegations is asked to contact local law enforcement and the Diocesan Office of Child and Youth Protection at (602) 354-2396.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night