If you’re looking for a bargain “staycation” for Labor Day weekend, you should be able to find one in the Valley.
Vice President of the Arizona Lodging and Tourism Association Kristin Jarnagin said that because kids are back in school and families are busy, hotels need to offer deals to fill rooms on the last holiday weekend of the summer.
“It’s totally on-par for what we’ve seen for the last couple of summers,” she said. “Hotels will be busy, but not as busy as they were during the peak of summer. It’s a great opportunity to get out. You don’t have to deal with the crowds too much and you get some great values.”
You can end the summer with a splash at a lot of places. The Wigwam Resort has a “Pick your Perk” end-of-summer package, which includes a $79 room rate per night and golf and restaurant discounts.
The Sheraton Wild Horse Pass has a “You Stay We Pay” deal for $149 per night that includes $200 in food and spa credits.
The Montelucia has a “Last Chance Summer Spa Package” that includes a room and two spa treatments starting at $250 per night.
Jarnagin said there are more details out there.
“Labor Day is the last weekend that they’ll have live fireworks at the Fairmount Scottsdale Princess. You should definitely check that out,” she said. “It’s also the last time you’ll be able to get the 25th anniversary special that the Phoenician has been offering all summer, where every other night is $25. You probably won’t see that again in the next decade.”
Jarnagin said other hotels are offering packages of between $99 and $129 a night.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development