GILBERT, Ariz. — The Valley will soon be home to an extension of a Catholic university from the Midwest.
Chicago-based St. Xavier University plans to open an 80,000-square-foot campus in downtown Gilbert by early 2015. It will be the city’s first college campus.
The school will offer several degree programs.
“It will bring with it its graduate and undergraduate nursing, education, and business [programs],” said Gilbert Economic Development Director Dan Henderson.
Henderson said that St. Xavier is highly-acclaimed.
“From a nursing perspective, it’s the only ‘Center of Excellence’ designation for a faith-based university in the United States,” he said.
The school, which will have about 600 students, isn’t the only thing being built in the area.
“The voters of the town approved a 360-space parking structure,” aid Henderson. “That will be just east of the university in our downtown.”
Henderson said the school will add to the growing vibrancy of downtown Gilbert.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them