PHOENIX — One Arizona lawmaker is among some of the wealthiest people on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C.
According to The Hill, Rep. Trent Franks (R-Ariz.) is the 32nd-wealthiest person with a net worth of $11.1 million.
His two biggest assets, however, are holdings in Providence Trust and Trinity Petroleum, both valued at $5 million each.
Franks also has $100,000 worth of holdings in a patent for a device that uses a pager to conceal pepper spray.
Franks said he had zero debt in 2011.
Overall, the richest lawmaker on Capitol Hill was House Oversight Committee Chairman Darrell Issa (R-Calif.), who is worth about $355 million thanks to his ties to Viper car alarms.
More Republicans (29) were among the 50 wealthiest people on Capitol Hill. Twenty-one Democrats made the list.
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick