PHOENIX — One Arizona lawmaker is among some of the wealthiest people on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C.
According to The Hill, Rep. Trent Franks (R-Ariz.) is the 32nd-wealthiest person with a net worth of $11.1 million.
His two biggest assets, however, are holdings in Providence Trust and Trinity Petroleum, both valued at $5 million each.
Franks also has $100,000 worth of holdings in a patent for a device that uses a pager to conceal pepper spray.
Franks said he had zero debt in 2011.
Overall, the richest lawmaker on Capitol Hill was House Oversight Committee Chairman Darrell Issa (R-Calif.), who is worth about $355 million thanks to his ties to Viper car alarms.
More Republicans (29) were among the 50 wealthiest people on Capitol Hill. Twenty-one Democrats made the list.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments