GILBERT, Ariz. — A new exhibit lets visitors take a look at photos of what life was like before Gilbert was a thriving town.
The family of longtime East Valley farmer Howard Morrison, whose family owned a farm, is putting on the exhibit.
Morrison and his wife brought their family from Oklahoma to Gilbert in the 1920s and started their farm. Now, the Morrison family is developing the land for residential use.
The photos of the farm are on display at the Art Intersection Gallery in Downtown Gilbert.
“The family approached us and said, ‘We’ve got all of these images, and we’d like to have an exhibition,'” said Art Intersection Owner Alan Fitzgerald. “We worked on this for about a year, and came up with 17 images out of several hundred.”
The pictures show various aspects of life on the farm. Admission to the exhibit is free. It is open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday.
Art Intersection is located at 207 N. Gilbert Rd. in downtown Gilbert.
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain