GILBERT, Ariz. — A new exhibit lets visitors take a look at photos of what life was like before Gilbert was a thriving town.
The family of longtime East Valley farmer Howard Morrison, whose family owned a farm, is putting on the exhibit.
Morrison and his wife brought their family from Oklahoma to Gilbert in the 1920s and started their farm. Now, the Morrison family is developing the land for residential use.
The photos of the farm are on display at the Art Intersection Gallery in Downtown Gilbert.
“The family approached us and said, ‘We’ve got all of these images, and we’d like to have an exhibition,'” said Art Intersection Owner Alan Fitzgerald. “We worked on this for about a year, and came up with 17 images out of several hundred.”
The pictures show various aspects of life on the farm. Admission to the exhibit is free. It is open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday.
Art Intersection is located at 207 N. Gilbert Rd. in downtown Gilbert.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them