PHOENIX — Police are searching for a man who is suspected of stealing a woman’s diaper bag from a Costco parking lot.
On July 30, the victim placed her diaper bag and purchases in the front seat of her car that was parked in the Costco parking lot at 2450 E. Beardsley Rd. She placed her baby in the back seat.
The victim took the cart to the designated area and, upon returning, found the suspect inside her vehicle. He took her diaper bag, which contained her wallet and cell phone.
“He was absolutely watching and waiting for this type of victim. This is in broad daylight,” said Phoenix Police Officer James Holmes. “This is a reminder that you have to be cognizant of what’s going on around you, every minute, every second when you are out in public.”
The woman did not give chase because her child was in the car.
“She did exactly what she should have done: Absolutely nothing, because her baby is in the car and we don’t know what kind of criminal this man might be,” said Holmes.
On July 31, one of the victim’s credit cards was used at a business near 3200 E. Union Hills Dr.
The suspect is described as being a Hispanic male in his early 20s. He stands between 5-foot-9 and 6-feet tall with a heavy build. He has a mustache or goatee.
Anyone with information on this crime is asked to contact Silent Witness at (480) WITNESS.
KTAR’s Sandra Haros contributed to this report.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments