PHOENIX — Police are searching for a man who is suspected of stealing a woman’s diaper bag from a Costco parking lot.
On July 30, the victim placed her diaper bag and purchases in the front seat of her car that was parked in the Costco parking lot at 2450 E. Beardsley Rd. She placed her baby in the back seat.
The victim took the cart to the designated area and, upon returning, found the suspect inside her vehicle. He took her diaper bag, which contained her wallet and cell phone.
“He was absolutely watching and waiting for this type of victim. This is in broad daylight,” said Phoenix Police Officer James Holmes. “This is a reminder that you have to be cognizant of what’s going on around you, every minute, every second when you are out in public.”
The woman did not give chase because her child was in the car.
“She did exactly what she should have done: Absolutely nothing, because her baby is in the car and we don’t know what kind of criminal this man might be,” said Holmes.
On July 31, one of the victim’s credit cards was used at a business near 3200 E. Union Hills Dr.
The suspect is described as being a Hispanic male in his early 20s. He stands between 5-foot-9 and 6-feet tall with a heavy build. He has a mustache or goatee.
Anyone with information on this crime is asked to contact Silent Witness at (480) WITNESS.
KTAR’s Sandra Haros contributed to this report.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development