PHOENIX — The final summer holiday weekend is only a week and a half away and time is running out to get the best air-travel deals.
Travelocity’s Courtney Scott said the price to beat for Labor Day travel for domestic flights is $335 roundtrip.
“When you’re shopping for last minute deals, use that price as a gauge and book it right away,” Scott said.
If possible, she said don’t book a Friday through Monday round trip.
“You will get a much better deal if you depart on Thursday and return on Tuesday.”
Airfare costs are up by 1 percent from last year at this time and the average cost of hotel rates have jumped by 12 percent, Scott said.
“One of the best ways to save is to bundle your flight and hotel into a vacation package. That can save you up to $525 when you bundle the bookings together.”
Scott said she expected Denver, Las Vegas and Los Angeles to be the most popular getaway flight destinations from the Valley.
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick