MESA — He wanted to eat and run, but in the end was placed in cuffs and hauled off to jail.
According to police, 30-year-old Christian Javier Cuevas entered a Mesa supermarket on Aug. 18, refused to pay for the food he had eaten inside the store and attempted to walk out with a bag of goods.
When officers arrived on scene, the incident turned violent.
“The female officer was punched in the face, the male was also punched a couple of times,” said Mesa Police Sergeant Tony Landato. “We had to have units respond in code three to get him into custody.”
The officers were exposed to the suspect’s blood during the brawl, but fortunately, they didn’t have open wounds which would require immediate medical attention.
Both the officers and the suspect received minor bruises and abrasions. The suspect was later booked on two counts of aggravated assault on a police officer and other charges.
- Affordable small home makeovers for Mother's Day
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life