PHOENIX — Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer will lead a trade mission to India this week, her office said Monday.
“Our state economy has come so far over the past four years, thanks to the pro-growth climate we’ve worked hard to create. To remain competitive and ensure Arizona’s economic vitality, we must forge and secure strong partnerships beyond Arizona and the United States,” Brewer said in a press release. “Arizona deeply values its relationship with India, and recognizes the potential for meaningful and mutual business investment. It’s essential that Arizona capitalize on the opportunity.”
Along with the Arizona Commerce Authority, Brewer is scheduled to meet with numerous Indian officials, as well as leaders in technology. infrastructure and energy.
Brewer will also encourage tourism, as over 38 million international visitors came to Arizona last year, pumping $19.3 billion into the state’s economy.
“The tourism industry is an integral producer of jobs and development throughout Arizona,” said Brewer. “These missions provide us a valuable opportunity to showcase Arizona to international markets
Arizona Commerce Authority President and CEO Sandra Watson said the economies of Arizona and India are very similar.
“With exports from Arizona to India recently up 78 percent, India represents an emerging market and area of significant opportunity,” Watson said in an interview. “Arizona’s key industry sector strengths in aerospace and defense, technology, bioscience and advanced manufacturing are well aligned with India’s growing domestic needs. This mission is an important part of cultivating trade and investment opportunities for Arizona and showcasing the state’s pro-business climate to companies in India looking for expansion in the U.S.”
India is the second-fastest growing economy in the world and is expected to take over the top spot by 2015. It is also the fastest-growing market for U.S. exports.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon