PHOENIX — Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer will lead a trade mission to India this week, her office said Monday.
“Our state economy has come so far over the past four years, thanks to the pro-growth climate we’ve worked hard to create. To remain competitive and ensure Arizona’s economic vitality, we must forge and secure strong partnerships beyond Arizona and the United States,” Brewer said in a press release. “Arizona deeply values its relationship with India, and recognizes the potential for meaningful and mutual business investment. It’s essential that Arizona capitalize on the opportunity.”
Along with the Arizona Commerce Authority, Brewer is scheduled to meet with numerous Indian officials, as well as leaders in technology. infrastructure and energy.
Brewer will also encourage tourism, as over 38 million international visitors came to Arizona last year, pumping $19.3 billion into the state’s economy.
“The tourism industry is an integral producer of jobs and development throughout Arizona,” said Brewer. “These missions provide us a valuable opportunity to showcase Arizona to international markets
Arizona Commerce Authority President and CEO Sandra Watson said the economies of Arizona and India are very similar.
“With exports from Arizona to India recently up 78 percent, India represents an emerging market and area of significant opportunity,” Watson said in an interview. “Arizona’s key industry sector strengths in aerospace and defense, technology, bioscience and advanced manufacturing are well aligned with India’s growing domestic needs. This mission is an important part of cultivating trade and investment opportunities for Arizona and showcasing the state’s pro-business climate to companies in India looking for expansion in the U.S.”
India is the second-fastest growing economy in the world and is expected to take over the top spot by 2015. It is also the fastest-growing market for U.S. exports.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas