PHOENIX — More than $9 million has been raised to benefit the families of 19 Arizona hotshots were killed battling the Yarnell Hill wildfire.
According to The Daily Courier, the sum has been raised by numerous organizations.
The 100 Club of Arizona has received $3 million, the United Phoenix Fire Fighter Association has received $2.4 million, Prescott Fire Fighters Charities has received $2.2 million, the Yavapai Community Foundation has received $1.1 million, the United Way of Yavapai County has received $409,923 and the American Red Cross Black Canyon Chapter has received $146,000.
Other groups are also contributing.
Of the more than $9 million, about $2.3 million was confirmed to have been disbursed. Other organizations are still computing the amount they have sent to families.
Other monies donated to help the town of Yarnell, Ariz. will be disbursed through a grant committee in late September.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development