PHOENIX — Three Arizona cities are reportedly among the most thriving cities in the nation.
According to The Daily Beast, all three cities are in the Valley.
Gilbert, which is technically a town, is the eighth-most thriving city. Its population has gone up 6.1 percent, has an unemployment rate of 5.7 percent and 93 percent of the city’s population is above the poverty line.
Chandler came in at No. 12 with a 4 percent population change, a 6 percent unemployment rate and about 90 percent of the population lives over the poverty line.
The final city, Scottsdale, came in at No. 15. Its population has increased 2.8 percent, it has an unemployment rate of 6.1 percent and 91 percent of the population is above the poverty line.
Overall, the most thriving city in the country was Irvine, Calif., followed by San Jose, Calif., Fremont, Calif., Austin, Texas, and San Francisco, Calif., respectively.
To determine which cities were doing the best, The Daily Beast used multiple government and private information sources and established a ration of population growth, employment, market, infrastructure and intellectuals.
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain