PHOENIX — Three Arizona cities are reportedly among the most thriving cities in the nation.
According to The Daily Beast, all three cities are in the Valley.
Gilbert, which is technically a town, is the eighth-most thriving city. Its population has gone up 6.1 percent, has an unemployment rate of 5.7 percent and 93 percent of the city’s population is above the poverty line.
Chandler came in at No. 12 with a 4 percent population change, a 6 percent unemployment rate and about 90 percent of the population lives over the poverty line.
The final city, Scottsdale, came in at No. 15. Its population has increased 2.8 percent, it has an unemployment rate of 6.1 percent and 91 percent of the population is above the poverty line.
Overall, the most thriving city in the country was Irvine, Calif., followed by San Jose, Calif., Fremont, Calif., Austin, Texas, and San Francisco, Calif., respectively.
To determine which cities were doing the best, The Daily Beast used multiple government and private information sources and established a ration of population growth, employment, market, infrastructure and intellectuals.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon