PHOENIX — A man has died after being struck by a vehicle in Phoenix.
Jorge Antonio Islas, 22, was crossing McDowell Road on foot near 65th Avenue Friday night when he was struck by a pickup truck. He was transported to a nearby hospital where he later died from his injuries.
It appears that alcohol may have been a factor on the part of both Islas and the driver, according to Sgt. Tommy Thompson with the Phoenix Police Department.
Thompson credited the driver for staying at the crash site until police arrived.
“No matter how severe a collision is, you’re always better to stay at the scene because if you leave, it just compounds the problems and makes it worse for everyone involved,” Thompson said.
Phoenix police are still investigating the accident.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier