PHOENIX — A man has died after being struck by a vehicle in Phoenix.
Jorge Antonio Islas, 22, was crossing McDowell Road on foot near 65th Avenue Friday night when he was struck by a pickup truck. He was transported to a nearby hospital where he later died from his injuries.
It appears that alcohol may have been a factor on the part of both Islas and the driver, according to Sgt. Tommy Thompson with the Phoenix Police Department.
Thompson credited the driver for staying at the crash site until police arrived.
“No matter how severe a collision is, you’re always better to stay at the scene because if you leave, it just compounds the problems and makes it worse for everyone involved,” Thompson said.
Phoenix police are still investigating the accident.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food