PHOENIX — The Arizona Lottery said Friday it would be replacing certain lottery tickets after it discovered an error in its system.
The error affected Pick 3 tickets purchased between June 10 and Aug. 3. The computerized drawing system code had an error the prevented the numbers 8 and 9 from being drawn in certain spots.
“Once the error was identified, it was immediately corrected,” Director of the Arizona Lottery Jeff Hatch-Miller said in a press release. “The Arizona Lottery assures our players that the issue has been remedied, and the Pick 3 drawings will continue to move forward with the utmost integrity.”
As a result, 92.3 percent of tickets had better odds of winning and 7.7 percent had no chance.
The lottery will replace Pick 3 tickets that have the following numbers in certain spots.
Straight: 9 as second number or 8 or 9 as third number.
Box (any) three-way: 8 or 9 in any slot.
Box (any) six-way: 8 or 9 in any slot.
Straight/Box six-way: 8 or 9 in any slot.
Front pair: 9 as second number.
Back pair: 9 as second number or 8 or 9 as third number.
Straight/Box three-way: 8 or 9 in any slot.
Those with an affected ticket can exchange it in person at a lottery office or mail it.
For more information, call either (480) 921-4400 or (520) 628-5107.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon