PHOENIX — The Arizona Lottery said Friday it would be replacing certain lottery tickets after it discovered an error in its system.
The error affected Pick 3 tickets purchased between June 10 and Aug. 3. The computerized drawing system code had an error the prevented the numbers 8 and 9 from being drawn in certain spots.
“Once the error was identified, it was immediately corrected,” Director of the Arizona Lottery Jeff Hatch-Miller said in a press release. “The Arizona Lottery assures our players that the issue has been remedied, and the Pick 3 drawings will continue to move forward with the utmost integrity.”
As a result, 92.3 percent of tickets had better odds of winning and 7.7 percent had no chance.
The lottery will replace Pick 3 tickets that have the following numbers in certain spots.
Straight: 9 as second number or 8 or 9 as third number.
Box (any) three-way: 8 or 9 in any slot.
Box (any) six-way: 8 or 9 in any slot.
Straight/Box six-way: 8 or 9 in any slot.
Front pair: 9 as second number.
Back pair: 9 as second number or 8 or 9 as third number.
Straight/Box three-way: 8 or 9 in any slot.
Those with an affected ticket can exchange it in person at a lottery office or mail it.
For more information, call either (480) 921-4400 or (520) 628-5107.
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain