PHOENIX — The Arizona Lottery said Friday it would be replacing certain lottery tickets after it discovered an error in its system.
The error affected Pick 3 tickets purchased between June 10 and Aug. 3. The computerized drawing system code had an error the prevented the numbers 8 and 9 from being drawn in certain spots.
“Once the error was identified, it was immediately corrected,” Director of the Arizona Lottery Jeff Hatch-Miller said in a press release. “The Arizona Lottery assures our players that the issue has been remedied, and the Pick 3 drawings will continue to move forward with the utmost integrity.”
As a result, 92.3 percent of tickets had better odds of winning and 7.7 percent had no chance.
The lottery will replace Pick 3 tickets that have the following numbers in certain spots.
Straight: 9 as second number or 8 or 9 as third number.
Box (any) three-way: 8 or 9 in any slot.
Box (any) six-way: 8 or 9 in any slot.
Straight/Box six-way: 8 or 9 in any slot.
Front pair: 9 as second number.
Back pair: 9 as second number or 8 or 9 as third number.
Straight/Box three-way: 8 or 9 in any slot.
Those with an affected ticket can exchange it in person at a lottery office or mail it.
For more information, call either (480) 921-4400 or (520) 628-5107.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas