PHOENIX — Saturday shoppers may be able to save a little money by joining a cash mob.
Cash mobs, during which hundreds of people usually mob one store with business, happen all over the country, but in Ahwatukee in southeast Phoenix, it will be a little different.
“We are actually going to mob the community,” said Ann Gill, president of the Ahwatukee Foothills Chamber of Commerce. “We did this last year. The businesses had a great response and the community had fun.”
The goal of the cash mob is to get shoppers to a locally owned business. Gill said there will be plenty of bargains.
“If you’re going to a restaurant, or if you’re looking to shop and purchase something, or even getting a massage, a lot of businesses are participating and giving specials to the community,” she said.
Gill said that spending at a locally owned store helps everyone. “For every $100 that are spent at a local retailer, $68 of it comes back to the local community. It’s a win-win for everyone.”
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development