PHOENIX — The Arizona Cardinals will launch the
National Football League’s new security rules at the their preseason home opener Saturday.
The new rules don’t affect the players, they affect fans at University of Phoenix Stadium and all NFL stadiums.
Starting this season, Purses larger than a clutch bag will no longer be allowed into the stadium. Ditto backpacks, coolers, fanny packs, camera bags, computer bags, luggage of any kind and seat cushions. If it doesn’t fit in a clear freezer bag it doesn’t get into the stadium.
“Everything you need to enjoy the event like binoculars or a camera, you can still bring it in, but not in the bag it is housed in.”
The team will provide 12-inch-by-6-by-12 clear bags at the stadium gates.
Robb Corwin with Pride Group, which handles security outside of the stadium, said the new measures will help fans.
“Speeds up the security screening process getting fans into the stadium faster,” he said.
The Cardinals said fans will still be able to hold tailgate parties in the parking lots.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy