PHOENIX — The Arizona Cardinals will launch the
National Football League’s new security rules at the their preseason home opener Saturday.
The new rules don’t affect the players, they affect fans at University of Phoenix Stadium and all NFL stadiums.
Starting this season, Purses larger than a clutch bag will no longer be allowed into the stadium. Ditto backpacks, coolers, fanny packs, camera bags, computer bags, luggage of any kind and seat cushions. If it doesn’t fit in a clear freezer bag it doesn’t get into the stadium.
“Everything you need to enjoy the event like binoculars or a camera, you can still bring it in, but not in the bag it is housed in.”
The team will provide 12-inch-by-6-by-12 clear bags at the stadium gates.
Robb Corwin with Pride Group, which handles security outside of the stadium, said the new measures will help fans.
“Speeds up the security screening process getting fans into the stadium faster,” he said.
The Cardinals said fans will still be able to hold tailgate parties in the parking lots.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development