PHOENIX — The Arizona Cardinals will launch the
National Football League’s new security rules at the their preseason home opener Saturday.
The new rules don’t affect the players, they affect fans at University of Phoenix Stadium and all NFL stadiums.
Starting this season, Purses larger than a clutch bag will no longer be allowed into the stadium. Ditto backpacks, coolers, fanny packs, camera bags, computer bags, luggage of any kind and seat cushions. If it doesn’t fit in a clear freezer bag it doesn’t get into the stadium.
“Everything you need to enjoy the event like binoculars or a camera, you can still bring it in, but not in the bag it is housed in.”
The team will provide 12-inch-by-6-by-12 clear bags at the stadium gates.
Robb Corwin with Pride Group, which handles security outside of the stadium, said the new measures will help fans.
“Speeds up the security screening process getting fans into the stadium faster,” he said.
The Cardinals said fans will still be able to hold tailgate parties in the parking lots.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier