PHOENIX — A group that helps soldiers returning from Iraq and Afghanistan is looking for a little help itself.
The Honor Walk Foundation is looking for volunteers to mentor veterans in adapting to life after the military.
“We’re relying heavily on people who have experience in business, in the trades, in manufacturing and technology, all different walks of life, to come in and work with an individual veteran,” said foundation chair Denis Day. “Help [them] make that transition and launch their career off to a good start.”
It can be tough for a veteran to adjust to life as a civilian.
“When you’ve been in uniform, being told what to do, where to go, what to eat and how to behave for the last several years of your life, coming out and interacting with people in the business community in a networking capacity is a pretty challenging thing to do,” said Day.
The foundation is starting the mentoring program this fall.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food