PHOENIX — A group that helps soldiers returning from Iraq and Afghanistan is looking for a little help itself.
The Honor Walk Foundation is looking for volunteers to mentor veterans in adapting to life after the military.
“We’re relying heavily on people who have experience in business, in the trades, in manufacturing and technology, all different walks of life, to come in and work with an individual veteran,” said foundation chair Denis Day. “Help [them] make that transition and launch their career off to a good start.”
It can be tough for a veteran to adjust to life as a civilian.
“When you’ve been in uniform, being told what to do, where to go, what to eat and how to behave for the last several years of your life, coming out and interacting with people in the business community in a networking capacity is a pretty challenging thing to do,” said Day.
The foundation is starting the mentoring program this fall.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development