PHOENIX — A group that helps soldiers returning from Iraq and Afghanistan is looking for a little help itself.
The Honor Walk Foundation is looking for volunteers to mentor veterans in adapting to life after the military.
“We’re relying heavily on people who have experience in business, in the trades, in manufacturing and technology, all different walks of life, to come in and work with an individual veteran,” said foundation chair Denis Day. “Help [them] make that transition and launch their career off to a good start.”
It can be tough for a veteran to adjust to life as a civilian.
“When you’ve been in uniform, being told what to do, where to go, what to eat and how to behave for the last several years of your life, coming out and interacting with people in the business community in a networking capacity is a pretty challenging thing to do,” said Day.
The foundation is starting the mentoring program this fall.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns