PHOENIX — Gilbert will soon be home to numerous benches paint by local artists that are designed to look like living room couches.
According to the town’s website, the project is called “Open Seating.”
Public art pieces like these have been immensely popular, attracting tourism dollars to cities and towns all over the US and the world. Gilbert’s public art project was conceived to energize the community with fun and functional art. Bright, colorful seating is interactive art. It encourages people to share their photos on social network sites, serving to attract more attention to Gilbert. Each bench will be painted by a local Arizona artist.
The two-year project will be a focus of Gilbert going forward.
Local businesses, organizations and individuals can sponsor a bench. Prices start at $715.
The benches will be installed later this year.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy