PHOENIX — Gilbert will soon be home to numerous benches paint by local artists that are designed to look like living room couches.
According to the town’s website, the project is called “Open Seating.”
Public art pieces like these have been immensely popular, attracting tourism dollars to cities and towns all over the US and the world. Gilbert’s public art project was conceived to energize the community with fun and functional art. Bright, colorful seating is interactive art. It encourages people to share their photos on social network sites, serving to attract more attention to Gilbert. Each bench will be painted by a local Arizona artist.
The two-year project will be a focus of Gilbert going forward.
Local businesses, organizations and individuals can sponsor a bench. Prices start at $715.
The benches will be installed later this year.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development