TEMPE, Ariz. — Tempe business owners have a new option for assistance in improving the appearance of their buildings.
Nikki Ripley with the city of Tempe said a new program called the Storefront Improvement Program is the first citywide program of its kind in Arizona.
When businesses look better, they bring in more customers and dollars. Tempe is helping businesses with everything from waivers of permit, planning and design review fees to helping businesses put in new windows, doors, paint, better lighting, signs, ADA accessibility and reimbursing them for about half of the cost.
“This benefits the city economy in terms of sales tax revenue and the neighbors can feel better about living near these improved businesses,” said Ripley.
There are two versions of the program depending on where the business is located. For more information, click here.
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick