PHOENIX — Visitors to the main branch of the Glendale Public Library can’t miss the “Remembering Our Fallen” exhibit.
Five panels stretching ten feet tall feature the faces of Arizona military members killed while serving in Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom.
“I’m honored that we can participate and recognize those that fought for our country,” said Michelle Yates, a Glendale employee who helped choose the location. “This is a small amount that we can do thank them and their families.”
The Honor Walk Foundation is the custodian of the exhibit that is moving around the state.
“It’s a sacred trust on our part to maintain the memories of our men and women and do everything we can to make sure the true sacrifices of war are made very clear,” said Honor Walk Executive Director Dennis Day.
The exhibit is inside the main branch at 5959 W. Brown St. and is open to the public during regular library hours. Day said the exhibit will be in Ahwatukee on Sept. 11 and at the Arizona State Fair this fall.
For more information, click here.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food