PHOENIX — Visitors to the main branch of the Glendale Public Library can’t miss the “Remembering Our Fallen” exhibit.
Five panels stretching ten feet tall feature the faces of Arizona military members killed while serving in Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom.
“I’m honored that we can participate and recognize those that fought for our country,” said Michelle Yates, a Glendale employee who helped choose the location. “This is a small amount that we can do thank them and their families.”
The Honor Walk Foundation is the custodian of the exhibit that is moving around the state.
“It’s a sacred trust on our part to maintain the memories of our men and women and do everything we can to make sure the true sacrifices of war are made very clear,” said Honor Walk Executive Director Dennis Day.
The exhibit is inside the main branch at 5959 W. Brown St. and is open to the public during regular library hours. Day said the exhibit will be in Ahwatukee on Sept. 11 and at the Arizona State Fair this fall.
For more information, click here.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier