PHOENIX — Two people were arrested Thursday on suspicion of committing a rash of robberies at gyms across the Valley, police said.
Joseph Mendenhall, 26, and Katlyn Munger, 27, were arrested without incident. Mendenhall was in possession of a handgun at the time of his arrest.
Police said an undercover surveillance operation caught Munger stealing a purse from a local. She then took the purse to Mendenhall, who was seen taking things from the victim’s car. Munger was also see using the victim’s credit card at a grocery store.
An search of a Phoenix residence connected to Mendenhall and Munger revealed dozens of keys and cut padlocks, along with stolen property. Both suspects confessed to the crimes.
Police have connected the pair with almost 20 cases in the Valley and said there may be more.
Anyone with more information on Mendenhall, Munger or the crimes is asked to contact the Glendale Police Department at (623) 930-2000 or Silent Witness at (480) WITNESS.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon