PHOENIX — Two people were arrested Thursday on suspicion of committing a rash of robberies at gyms across the Valley, police said.
Joseph Mendenhall, 26, and Katlyn Munger, 27, were arrested without incident. Mendenhall was in possession of a handgun at the time of his arrest.
Police said an undercover surveillance operation caught Munger stealing a purse from a local. She then took the purse to Mendenhall, who was seen taking things from the victim’s car. Munger was also see using the victim’s credit card at a grocery store.
An search of a Phoenix residence connected to Mendenhall and Munger revealed dozens of keys and cut padlocks, along with stolen property. Both suspects confessed to the crimes.
Police have connected the pair with almost 20 cases in the Valley and said there may be more.
Anyone with more information on Mendenhall, Munger or the crimes is asked to contact the Glendale Police Department at (623) 930-2000 or Silent Witness at (480) WITNESS.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.