PARADISE VALLEY, Ariz. — Some Valley high school students are returning to a change that’s getting mixed reactions.
Students who attend a Paradise Valley Unified School District high school are now required to wear badges attached to a lanyard.
“It’s about knowing who should be there, that they belong at that school. Also, if a school administrator or adult is having an interaction with a student at large campus they know who they are talking to,” said Jim Lee, PVUSD’s director of student services.
Over the years, the district has implemented ways to improve student and staff safety. Within the past year, they have closely assessed each institution to find areas that could be vulnerable.
In addition to the badges, the district has installed new gates around the perimeter of some schools and tightened up security policies.
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets