PARADISE VALLEY, Ariz. — Some Valley high school students are returning to a change that’s getting mixed reactions.
Students who attend a Paradise Valley Unified School District high school are now required to wear badges attached to a lanyard.
“It’s about knowing who should be there, that they belong at that school. Also, if a school administrator or adult is having an interaction with a student at large campus they know who they are talking to,” said Jim Lee, PVUSD’s director of student services.
Over the years, the district has implemented ways to improve student and staff safety. Within the past year, they have closely assessed each institution to find areas that could be vulnerable.
In addition to the badges, the district has installed new gates around the perimeter of some schools and tightened up security policies.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development