CHANDLER — Chandler is now home to Arizona’s first acrobatic gymnastics team.
The sport, described as a cross between gymnastics and Cirque du Soleil, includes acrobatic moves like balance holds and pyramids, along with gymnastics elements like tumbling. Routines are set to music with unique choreography and synchronization among partners.
“It’s a team sport, but also an individual sport,” said Kyla Knights, director of acrobatic gymnastics at Aspire Kids Sports Center, which will house the new team. “It really helps develop those great teamwork qualities in younger youth.”
Aspire Kids Sports Center is holding a clinic this weekend to introduce the sport to the public.
“It’s pretty much showing everyone in Arizona what the sport is all about and giving athletes and coaches of other gyms the opportunity to take a look and see it hands-on,” Knights said.
The sessions will be held on Saturday from 2:00 to 7:00 p.m. and Sunday from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. For more information visit the Aspire Kids Sports Center website.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development