CHANDLER — Chandler is now home to Arizona’s first acrobatic gymnastics team.
The sport, described as a cross between gymnastics and Cirque du Soleil, includes acrobatic moves like balance holds and pyramids, along with gymnastics elements like tumbling. Routines are set to music with unique choreography and synchronization among partners.
“It’s a team sport, but also an individual sport,” said Kyla Knights, director of acrobatic gymnastics at Aspire Kids Sports Center, which will house the new team. “It really helps develop those great teamwork qualities in younger youth.”
Aspire Kids Sports Center is holding a clinic this weekend to introduce the sport to the public.
“It’s pretty much showing everyone in Arizona what the sport is all about and giving athletes and coaches of other gyms the opportunity to take a look and see it hands-on,” Knights said.
The sessions will be held on Saturday from 2:00 to 7:00 p.m. and Sunday from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. For more information visit the Aspire Kids Sports Center website.
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets