PHOENIX — Tilted Kilt, a Tempe-based sports bar chain, raised over $65,000 for military families.
According to the Phoenix Business Journal, the company raised $65,706 for Folds of Honor, an organization that distributes scholarships for family members of wounded or killed soldiers.
Tilted Kilt raised the funds during a six-week period as part of its third annual “Here’s to Heroes” promotion at all of its restaurants across the country. Customers had the option of donating an additional $1 or $5 to have their name written on customized paper dog tags displayed on restaurant walls.
Anheuser-Busch, Tilted Kilt’s main sponsor, donated $10,000.
A check for the total amount will be passed to a Folds of Honor official on Aug. 14 at the Tempe Tilted Kilt.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food