PHOENIX – If you’ve jumped into the online-dating game in the city of Scottsdale but haven’t been successful, you might not be alone.
FOX 10 News reports that a new study by online-dating website WhatsYourPrice.com found out which are the top five worst cities for online dating and the city of Scottsdale ranked number four.
The web site based this study on information like the number of new messages per week and ratio of success to rejection when messaging someone they were interested in.
The study placed Scottsdale at 61.3 percent – the number representing unsatisfied people looking for love but failing, and the reasons might amount to a lack of an emotional-based romantic relationship.
“It’s very superficial. it’s very physical, it’s just not an emotional based place to find love, that’s my honest opinion,” said Maryam Ali.
St. Louis, Mo. was ranked the worst city for online dating with 67 percent reporting being unsatisfied, while the city of Philadelphia, Pa., ranked number five, at 59 percent, respectively.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night