Getting something stolen is never enjoyable, but one Valley man’s search for a thief is going viral.
According to KPHO-TV, Arcadia resident Tim Lake was awaiting a package from Amazon that had a couple of single-use coffee cups and an ice tray. The package arrived as scheduled, but someone else saw the package first.
“I saw that there was this woman at my door. The video camera sends me a screenshot,” explained Tim Lake.
After he was alerted that his $22 worth of stuff was stolen, Lake resolved to not take the crime lying down. He began putting up posters to alert his fellow neighbors.
“On Friday, the second day of August in the year of our Lord 2013, I was suddenly and deliberately robbed by an unknown assailant,” the poster reads.
The poster also described the “perp” as “jerk” who had eyes “lacking a soul.” The poster said the thief’s nationality is “Un-American.”
Buffalo-based KegWorks, a beer supply company, responded to the theft and said it would replace the stolen goods.
After placing the sarcastic posters around Arcadia, Lake filed a report with Phoenix police.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments